Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tune Money

Tune Money’s Tune Card is a relatively new prepaid card in the market, and I have applied one for myself to withdraw from Paypal, and so that I can withdraw my cash from the Tune Card.

As the first step, you need to log in to Tune Money website and register yourself for the card. However, the process of application was quite tedious. I had 3 times time-out during the payment process and finally got through again at the 4th attempt. Yes, it was very frustrating.

After registering myself, I waited religiously 7 working days for the collection of my card at the local post-office. Yes, it was exactly 7 working days, I was quite surprised at the efficiency. However, the disappointment with their service started not long after that.

Locked account
After activating my card, I somehow got my account locked, and had to wait for new password from them before I could log in again. Unfortunately, it took quite some days to solve my tiny problem. And waiting their customer support reply is the most frustrating thing in the world. They claim to reply you within 2 working days. Sadly, it always takes more than 2 days to reply my mail.

Are they really that busy?


Lost PIN
Then, after your card collection, you need to wait for 21 days for the PIN to reach your house before you can make withdrawal from your card. However, now, I have waited more than 6 weeks and there is still no news of my PIN number.

So, I emailed them again to enquire. My first email was replied after 2.5 days, however that did not answer my question. I was required to give my details so they could check the process of my PIN letter. Until today, it has been about 7 days and there is still no reply from them. Well, I guess they really have to buck up on customer support. Being a debit card company and the customer support they have is really upsetting.

What if you lose your card and you email them and they never reply, and you can’t reach them by phone????

Cannot get through Customer Care Line
So, I called their number, 600 83 7999, sadly, I seriously do not know how to dial this set of numbers, tried with mobile phone and landline, I could not get this number through. So, this means, as long as I do not get my PIN, I will not be able to withdraw my money from the card. Although the transfer of money from Paypal to Tune Card takes only few days, but it is practically useless if you can’t withdraw, unless you are planning to swap all your money on the card.

Now, anyone tell me what I should do? Failed to reach them by email, or phone, Tune Money really got me frustrated.

Guest blogging by Strawroot, who also own a cosmetic blog called “Pretty Beautiful“.

ShareThis

Tags: airasia, money, prepaid card, tune card, tune money, visa




Read also:
Auto Login Windows XP
Public Bank Visa Electron Debit Card
Microsoft Adds Online PC Security Scanner to Windows Live
How Did I Receive Money from PayPal
LiewCF is NOT Missing in Hong Kong

« Facebook Added “Ignore All” LinkThanks to sponsors of the month (Feb 2008) »33 Responses to “Tune Money’s Tune Card is Lousy!”
Comments Feed | TrackBack URL
#1titan Says:

February 29th, 2008 at 3:56 am
My friends also said like that. But he manage to withdraw the paypal to his card. So far, i also like to try. But i just fine with my own method.

#2BobbyT Says:

February 29th, 2008 at 5:05 am
“Tune Money’s Tune Card is a relatively new prepaid card in the market”, are there any older, proven to be better prepaid card that you could recommend, I mean even if it’s international based but Malaysians can apply…

#3LcF Says:

February 29th, 2008 at 5:36 am
@BobbyT: I personally recommend “PB Visa Electron Debit Card“

#4DigitalProductsCenter.com Says:

February 29th, 2008 at 8:55 am
PB Visa Electron Debit Card is good enough for me. Why bother with new (and untested) products?

The only problem with PB Visa Electron Debit Card is that I couldn’t top up using PB cash deposit machine. I was repeated told by PB that it could be done. I guess I’m not smart.

I can top up my NexG (AmBank) Debit Card using AmBank’s cash deposit machine but not getting monthly statement.

#5Poh Ee Says:

February 29th, 2008 at 10:22 am
You got the card from the Youth 08 event?

#6aHfUi Says:

February 29th, 2008 at 10:40 am
600 type phone number ..
1 minutes RM2++
dun play play @@

#7Cute Lemon Jokes Says:

February 29th, 2008 at 11:02 am
To : DigitalProductsCenter.com

PB Visa Electron Debit Card from Public bank ?

The card can withdraw money from Paypal ???

Can we trust paypal ? Because my friend said if a buyer use stolen card to pay into my account , my account will get frozen. Its that true?

#8Bent Says:

February 29th, 2008 at 11:04 am
PB debit card much more better than this. I myself don’t have any problem with PB debit card.

#9strawroot Says:

February 29th, 2008 at 2:21 pm
aHfUi: how to dial that number?? when i dialed, it say number not valid

#10artakus Says:

February 29th, 2008 at 2:59 pm
maybe they use to roll the money first in forex or what so ever..then baru bleh withdraw from ur acc..

#11Home Biss Says:

February 29th, 2008 at 5:09 pm
Liew,

Just stick with Al Rajhi & Public Back Visa Electron if you are depending upon debit cards to withdraw money from PayPal. Both cards have not disappoint me so far. Al Rajhi is the fastest in terms of PayPal-cashing. Once it only took me two business days to receive money from PayPal. Super cool!

#12lankapo Says:

February 29th, 2008 at 11:23 pm
hi strawroot,
I have been using Tune Card to cash out my PayPal money and have no problem so far.

There are a few things that I would like to comment:

I can see that you have no problem or complaints about making the payment, card fees and charges. Yes, as a new card, their service is quite slow and have some minor problems.But I personally think that you did not explain the whole story.
Firstly,
Your locked account,how is it happen? I believe that you forget either your password or trivia questions.Rite? Coz, Tune Money will not locked your account without no reason

2nd,Pin number, I received my pin ATM number within 2 weeks.Maybe you should check your address.

3rd, I have no problem calling them using fixed line. FYI, I try to call them just now using my home fixed line to prove that you are wrong.
Yup they still working

Maybe you should come to my site and read my entry on tune card

#13adrian oh Says:

March 1st, 2008 at 2:01 am
ha, you ain’t the 1st one to complain it’s lousy, see here
http://praveenrajan.com/blog/2008/02/is-tune-card-stealing-your-money-update.html

#14BT Khoo Says:

March 1st, 2008 at 4:09 pm
Is there any processing fees involved when you withdraw money from pay pal to card account, if yes how do they calculate the procesiing fees.

#15Iskandar Says:

March 3rd, 2008 at 12:36 am
I’ve tried another TuneMoney’s service - the cheap insurance package.

The signup process was extremely frustrating. I’ve used the net for over 12 years and is a fulltime internet marketer for 2. I had filled hundreds of online forms before but TuneMoney’s site managed to beat me.I simply cannot complete it’s user registration.

Even after 15 attempts!

I sent an email to their support - berating their stupid web interface and programming - and they replied within 24 hrs to ask me to provide my details so that they can do it manually.

I never replied.

Tunemoney sucks.

#16Wizurai Says:

March 3rd, 2008 at 10:43 am
DigitalProductsCenter.com,

PB Visa Electron can topup with PB cash deposit machine la…

#17azrin Says:

March 3rd, 2008 at 10:03 pm
Like I explained earlier..they are just another reseller…withdrawal fees etc.

what else to hit you with fees.

Might as well use yr BSN Matrix card

#18BT Khoo Says:

March 4th, 2008 at 7:40 am
Can the prepaid cards be used in conjunction with pay pal for puchase

#19lankapo Says:

March 4th, 2008 at 2:54 pm
adrian oh,
he is not complaining, did u read the whole entry

“It turns out that scamboy’s missing RM1 isn’t due to any Tune Money hiccup. It may however be related to a debit card limitation.”

BT Khoo,
PayPal will charge you usd 5 for cash out your money to any visa card.
i have done it twice to my tune card and they are no processing fee

#20lankapo Says:

March 4th, 2008 at 2:55 pm
BT Khoo,
PayPal will charge you usd 5 for cash out your money to any visa card.
i have done it twice to my tune card and they are no processing fee

* from Tune Card

#21afd87 Says:

March 6th, 2008 at 4:28 pm
is anyone already use Tune Card to book rooms or packages from Genting?

#22Jenn Says:

March 17th, 2008 at 3:24 pm
Hi Liew, I’m Jennifer from Tune Money and I’d like to apologise to you for any inconvenience you may have experienced using our service. We’ve checked up on your case and apparently your PIN was sent out last week. You should be receiving it this week. Sorry for the delay. As for the 600 number, you should be able to call it from any Telekom landline. We’re checking to see why you are not able to.

FYI, if for some reason you experience any difficulty in contacting Tune Money, you may leave a comment on our CEO’s blog - http://www.tengkuzafrul.com, and you will be attended to quick smart.

Lankapo - you’re the best. Again, thanks.

#23suffri Says:

April 12th, 2008 at 11:53 am
apa susah macam ini? apply nexG prepaid ambank.. mudah, murah dan mesra alam.. pergi cepat2 ke ambank dan dapatkan nexG prepaid kad. boleh reload bila2 masa di mesin deposit tunai.

well ya’all.. just try nexG prepaid card from AMBANK (if you in Malaysia) lah.
starter pack is only RM20. No extra chargers upon buying the card. Just go to any AMBANK branch or seven-eleven’s shop and buy the starter pack..so convinient. easy to use and accepted worlwide.. PEACE!

#24Amiruddin Says:

May 20th, 2008 at 4:17 pm
I have tune card now! Really great as I can use it for online. The only thing I REALLY2 NEED TO KNOW is that can I use it for installment purchase.??

This way, I want to buy a laptop but I know its impossible for me to give it full price. I saw in the advertisement that only credit card (visa/master) can be use for installment. But my card is PREPAID VISA CARD.. Can I use it?? I really need the answer.. PLEASE anybody…

#25mat Says:

May 20th, 2008 at 6:47 pm
fyi nexG prepaid card shall deduct RM3 monthly so your RM20 gone in 6 months if you are not using it

#26BT Khoo Says:

May 21st, 2008 at 7:25 am
Any other prepaid card that charge no fees

#27BT Khoo Says:

May 21st, 2008 at 7:28 am
Has anyone tried the maybank prepaid card

#28LcF Says:

May 22nd, 2008 at 3:14 am
@BT Khoo: there is no FREE prepaid/debit card in Malaysia yet.

#29mat Says:

May 23rd, 2008 at 1:01 am
Amiruddin … wishful thinking but I don’t think so. the card paid full to the merchant and you pay installment to the card’s bank not the card pay installment to the merchant.

#30herwan Says:

May 27th, 2008 at 2:33 pm
I currently used 2 cards..

1st is Ambank NexG.. i think this is quiet ok coz i don;t have any problem with internet transaction… the only problem i faced is when i want to use it at petrol pump… the card readr cannot detect it.. called the customer service, they asked me to change to a new card (i have to buy a new card with a new card number)..gila..

2nd is maybank card… it looks nice, i don’t faced any problem for purchase over the counter - smooth transaction (provided there is enough money in my account la).. the only problem is, i cannot use it online… called their customer service, and they claimed that currently they do not support for online transaction - meaning i cannot use it for Paypal..

#31modnazy Says:

May 28th, 2008 at 11:42 am
This is my 10th attempt today to fill in the online form. Have followed all the instructions carefully but still the red instructions appear. What went wrong? Huh! True.. The HARDEST online form filling in the world…..

No comments: